SKILLBUILD through many projects built his own experience in Using 3D and Gaming Engines for eLearning and eTraining especially in difficult subjects, which need more visualization and interactivity. This solution cover the practical part of the curriculum, which is usual the standard e-learning courses did not touch.
3D and game engine development is very costly technologies thus most of the companies create a standard product once and sell it for all but there is no one-solution fit all customers’ needs. SKILLBUILD create its process to implement these technologies with affordable cost, which make it easy to customize the product according to customer product or university curriculum.
Why eLearning in vocational training?
- Solves the problem of physical lab overcrowding and offers the student the luxury of unlimited repetition.
- Provides a wide range of activities and applications that are unavailable in traditional labs due to lack of time and resources.
- Allows for quick modification of the electronic training material as physical machinery and equipment that staff are being trained on are upgraded and/or changed.
- Enables users to conduct experiments that cannot be done in traditional labs; for example, nuclear experiments.
- Makes the link between the theoretical and practical realms effectively and can be referred back to at anytime.
- The 3D model can never be damaged or destroyed and does not need maintenance.
- Reduces the budget required for materials and tools for the training process in traditional labs.
Overview of 3D Games-based Training
- Offers a complete demonstration of all the 3D model parts with an explanation of their functions.
- Provides simulations on how the different circuits function and how the components work together.
- Explains the assembly and disassembly of the system parts and how to practice.
- Clarifies how to fix system malfunctions.
Advantages of 3D Games-based Training
- Control the 3D model from any angle.
- Zoom in and out of the 3D model from any angle.
- Change the opacity of the external parts to show or hide the mechanics of the internal parts.
- Understand the relation between the different parts of the system and their size ratios to one another.
- Aviation training.